Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

Hello, I have a trivection oven (owners manual #JS998) and

Hello, I have a trivection oven (owners manual #JS998) and the oven section does not work. The stovetop works. I do not have any display for the oven controls.Please help as it is Christmas and I am having family over.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Looking for quick fix for you -

Try this-

Unplug the range for 5 to 10 minutes. This will sometimes reset a confused control board.

OR (easier) Go to your house's circuit breaker box. Flip the circuit breaker off for ten minutes.

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks but I already flipped the breaker off for 10 minutes before I submitted the question. Any other ideas?

HiCustomer

Please tell me a bit more.

What was going on before this happened? Were you using the range and suddenly the oven display disappeared? If so, what were you dong with the range when this happened?

Did you wake up this morning and it was like this? Did you lose electricity before you noticed this?

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bernie, It was like this when I woke up. I have not had any power outages in the recent past. I am going to flip the breaker again. I've checked the plug and it is secure.

Hi gr1963.

We have seen instances where the reset "fix" took longer to take effect. In these instances the power was left off for extended time (hour or more). I know you don't have the time for that.

Also, when the range is NOT getting power, push all the power buttons on the range to get it to release any small amounts of electricity that are in the circuit.

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Bernie, I'll give it a try. Merry Christmas.

HiCustomer

Your welcome and good luck. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

bernie