MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a kenmore ultra wash model 665 which leaks around the

I have a kenmore ultra wash model 665 which leaks around the right bottom of the door when filling. It does not leak when washing. I taped a piece of plastic on the bottom of the door and it did not leak.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
What is the full model#?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number 665 17791796
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
This is an unusual complaint. You will need to take off the outer door panel from the door and observe exactly where this water is coming from. There is a sound absorber in the door and it may be wicking up water from the tank is all that I can surmise. There is no gasket at the bottom of the door, so you will need to observe how the water is escaping and then I can tell you what to do about it. If you think I can help with my advice I would appreciate it being accepted. I'll be glad to answer any follow-ups to resolve this. This is a Whirlpool- built dishwasher and I am Whirlpool authorized. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I removed the external door panal as you suggested. I could not find any source of the leak. After reinstalling the door panel I ran the fill cycle and viewed the leak from below the door. The leak is between the door and the electric hazard warning panel just past the electric wiring bundle. The water is not coming from the door.

Ihe leak, especially the rinse cycle is sporatic.

Sorry for delay

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
I cannot understand how the leak was not visible when panel was off. Did you not run it with it off? I am under the impression that it only leaks when filling and the wash motor has not yet turned on-correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can not detect any moisture at all in the door. The leak occcurs when the water is spewing from the inlet behind the lower dish rack roller on the left front. The leak continues until the float valve shuts the flow off. There are small attachments (part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN on both front ends of the dish rack track. They fit into a slotted recepter. The location of the right one is in the near vicinity of the leak. Could this someway involved in the leak. I removed them and cleaned them but still have a leak

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
That narrows it down to the source- that fitting you see around the fill hole on the tub is probably loose or the assembly is split that it tightens to.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS