I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

I have a haier hcm050LA chest freezer. The green light on the

Customer Question

I have a haier hcm050LA chest freezer. The green light on the outside of the unit started flashing irratically. It is in my garage. I checked the outlet and it is fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to Just Answer.

This the power light that tells you the
freezer is getting power when you turn it on.
Unplug it for minutes and then see if this resets the system and the green light stays steady!

Thanks for trusting us with your questions
Let me know how it goes!

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped.
This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.
You can still ask me questions after accepting!

Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I unplugged for 5 min still flashing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I unplugged for 5 min still flashing

also when i turn the dial to off the light still flashes

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm searching my data banks
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
1
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The freezer is still working I can hear the compressor cycling on and off as usual. If it helps I live in MN and its in my garage but has been for 2 years.
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Is the freezer getting warm or still working?
And does it sound like the compressor is still cycling off and on as it should!

The flashing light is warning you of fluctuation in temperature.

Garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just at an appliance show in december and this was a topic we discussed!
Wait let me dig it out!

Too cold is not good for freezers!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What do you suggest I do I have no room in the house. What does the cold do to it. Can I put cardboard around the sides and front (not the back) to help.

Thank you so much.

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Frezers were not ment to operate in such low tempertures. Empty it and turn it off for the winter or you will burn out the compressor.
I think it freezes the oil inside the compressor.
Which is ok if the compressor is not operating.