Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My Kenmore Elite oven will not heat to baking temperature.

Customer Question

My Kenmore Elite oven will not heat to baking temperature. What may be wrong with the oven? It comes on but will not heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

whats the md#? and is this gas or electric?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model # XXXXX . The stove is electric and was purchased in 2005. Other # XXXXX the stove is 012505534379
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.

no heat at all?

plus that md# XXXXX XXXXX there 3 numbers then a decimal

thanks randy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The only numbers I see on the back of the stove are D22M99124 and 012505534379 also I see KM ELT RAD, FS SC" L350.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no heat.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
still cant find that model but any how,you need to confirm 220-240 volts at the plug.itll lite but not heat unless 220-240 volts coming to the range,can you check the breaker? turn it off and back on again...let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Everything is working except the oven. The top works, the light in the oven works, the convection bake fan works, but no heat comes to the oven. Where is the breaker located?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
is the broil ok?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. Only the convection fan but no heat blows out.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
do you have fuses on that range? i would check to make sure the 30 amp fuses are ok? how old is this range?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The range was purchased in 2005. Where are the fuses located?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.

probably wont have fuses if that new,if you pull out the storage drawer you dont have any other numbers for a model?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,if the elements are heating the voltage is fine,same voltage for the oven as the elements,i suspect, because both bake and broil wont work that the relay board is defective or clock,it looks like a electronics problem

thanks randy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Randy,
I have been reading that there are others that have the same problem I am having with my oven. They are suggesting that a clock/timer need replacing. Is this a defect in the Kenmore Elite electric range? How much does a clock/ timer cost? Should I get technician or replace it myself? Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.

timer /clock isnt hard to change just remove back panel only held in with 4 screws and a couple plugs/wires its not hard,maybe call the 800 nimber and see if there is anything they will do for you? it sounds like all the preliminary checks are ok and your range has the same problem,clock/timer

randy

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. I hope this will work.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
good luck