Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

maytag mdb7600awb flashing 9 with Rinse LED lite. Is this

maytag mdb7600awb flashing 9 with Rinse LED lite. Is this a controller board?

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Remove the kick panel (below the front panel) and you will be able to locate the technician sheet that will give the diagnostic code for your machine.

Let me know how you make out and we can get you the information to further troubleshoot and repair.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Kick panel and tech manual are missing.. I got this unit for free.

HiCustomer

Ok, I'll be home in 30 minutes. I can upload you the repair manual then.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was able to find this: http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16023212.pdf and when I can get it into Field Service Test, it runs through with no issue. After the test runs, the flashing 9 shows up again. It's almost like I have to either flex the door or lift up on the control panel for anything else to be recognized.

HiCustomer

That's a tech sheet that could have been in the dishwasher.

However, from what you have stated above ("It's almost like I have to either flex the door or lift up on the control panel for anything else to be recognized.") the first culprit to check would be the wiring harness and/or control board. Look for a bad connection to the board or a bad component on the board near where it connects.

I have uploaded the the repair manul that will give you more to do the diagnostic.

When you go to the site to download do not use AOL. Use Internet Explorer or another browser because that site does not like AOL. Choose the "Free" option. After you download the file you will need to open it with Adobe or another application. You should already have that on your computer.

Sometimes, the site is a little glitchy. If you have difficulty, clean your temporary files and your hard drive, restart the computer and try again. It's definitely worth it to have the right information. You can go to the top left corner and save the PDF file to your desktop for easy access

Please click here - dishwasher

Let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the manual. I will try a few things and go from there. If I only have to buy the control board, I don't think it will be that bad.

HiCustomer

I just thought of this....

The flashing "9" could simply be the delay start. This machine has a 9 hour delay that can be set. Push the delay button a few times to see if it will change!

I haven't seen a "9" as a diagnostic code on these before.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I believe one of the buttons thinks its being pressed, if I'm able to start a wash cycle, then lock the control panel, I will notice a 'L' display every once in a while, but the cycle completes. Locking and unlocking the panel is done by pressing and holding the 'Heated Dry' button.

HiCustomer

Have you gone thru the procedures in the repair manual? It is worth following their protocol to eliminate things one step at a time.

You can sometimes resolve stuck button (if you find you have it) by removing the control panel and cleaning all the connections and the buttons with electrical contact cleaner. However, if you do find that this is the problem you may end up replacing the control panel as the solution.

bernie

bernie