Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Indoor icemaker doesnt work. Kitchenaide type. On/off switch

Indoor icemaker doesnt work. Kitchenaide type. On/off switch control panel blinks Red!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok is this the one that sits sideways in the freezer in the front? can you get me model#? you may have a broken module in this. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Kitchenaide super BA is all I can get without pulling everything out. The Icemaker faces forward in the top of the freezer and the on/off control is on the right side as you are looking at the icemaker.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still awaiting answer!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sorry my internet keeps droping off im my truck. does this have a cover on the front of ice maker you can remove? let me know thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
are you still on? Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES to both questions
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok , pull the cover off and look in the middle of the gear see if one of the tabs that hold the gear is broken
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The fingers appear to have moved some so I don't think the gear is broken. It looks as if some ice has formed in the bottom of the tray. The red light continues to flash!

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you tell me if theres any frost on the back panel inside the freezer? look real good behind the food. let me know while I look up yhe module so I can tell you how to cycle this ice maker. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
when you pull the cover off the ice maker does it look like this? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can we continue this tomorrow. i need to step out tonight and will be back late . you can leave me a message and I'll will get it in the morning. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes! Will do tomorrow!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your picture doesn't depict any thing you can see with the cover lifted. The control panel on the right side might have something like that behind it but I think it just has the on/off switch and the flashing red light. Everything you see on the icemaker is strictly mechanical when you lift the front cover. The ice bucket and dispenser is built into the door and works fine. The light is not working that usually works in the dispensing area.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok .you really have to try and get me the full model # XXXXX I cant check your system without it,there are all kinds of different ice makers and I'm not sure which one you have in this. also check the tube inside freezer that goes to the back of the ice maker and make sure its not frozen. let me know Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. I cannot find a number on the Icemaker itself, but the Refrig/Freezer is Model # XXXXX KSRB25FKSS04n Ser # XXXXX mfg 9/03. Is that enough?.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this is the ice maker they show for your ref. click here. http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-KSRB25FKSS04-%3d%3di1016069&PartID=1016069 let me know if this looks like yours. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes that is it! I will be away from my computer for a few hours.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok let me know when you get back. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. I'm back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok , you say the second picture I sent you looked like your ice maker right? the one I showed you has the module in it thats just like the one I showed you. on the front of your ice maker was it the white cover over the very front the piece that you removed to see the gear?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not see the module behind the cover. The cover is just a flip up door across the front. It is probably internal to the left side of the icemaker.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok now I know . is the ice maker mounted to the side of freezer ? if it is its the cover on the ice maker itself you need to remove not the flip up door. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I would have to remove the cover where it attaches to the side of the freezer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well you should be able to remove the white plastic cover on the very front of the ice maker without removing the ice maker. just get a small screw driver and pry the cover forward and it should come off. let me know Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.