Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Panasonic Microwave NN-SN797S just lost all power during operation.

Customer Question

Panasonic Microwave NN-SN797S just lost all power during operation. Is there a reset button or anything else that would solve my problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there is probably a fuse in this behind the control panel usually, I'll check and get back to you. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I cant find your model # XXXXX you check again? is this an over the stove model? let me now thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I took the metal body off and see no reset or fuse.....

Panasonis NN-SN797S I found it on the Panasonic site as well.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok give me a few minutes I'm in my truck I'll be in the office in a few minutes. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I found a fuse in the upper right rear that is connect to the power source. on the board it is labeled Special Fuse F1. On the fuse itself it is very hard to read but I believe it says 250 V 20 A ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Just found my fuse tester .... the fuse shows good.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok is there any lights at all when you plug this in? is the plug where you plug it in alright and has power? there is also usually a thermal overload in these but I'll have to research to see. I'll get back to you soon. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Plug is hot...I plugged another appliance in the same plug just to be sure. No Lights or any resemblance of it getting power at all.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok give me a few minutes. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
look for this on top of microwave , this is the thermal cutoff , if the microwave overheated this would blow. check for continuity.Bryan Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
found the thermal cutoff.... I dont have an ohm meter just a fuse tester. but it wont light up my fuse tester. Does it seem that this is the problem and is this sort of thing only available at an appliance repair shop?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have to go now ... thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
they may have to order it I dont know , thanks Bryan