Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Why does machine not cycle from wash to rinse

Why does machine not cycle from wash to rinse?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
in most of the cases like this its the lid switch, you didnt mention what kind of washer or a model # XXXXX if you can get me this info I will check it for you , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
kenmore model 110.20802990. I replaced the timer, part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNlast week, that apparantly was not the problem. I hate being a parts changer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
its definatley the lid switch. these switches are made of plastic and they break easy , check where your peg on your lid goes through the top of machine this is where the switch is . see if its broken loose from the machine top. even if it hasnt this is still the prioblem sometimes they just break inside the switch. we do allot of these. heres a picture of the switch. Part 547225 these usually break where the screws go though the machine to hold the switch, let me know Bryan