I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

I have a Magic chef gas range from 1971 it is gas , pilots

Customer Question

I have a Magic chef gas range from 1971 it is gas , pilots not igniters, I think it is called a uniburner. I cannot find model or serial number. The problem is the oven is not lighting. The oven control feels looser than usual but the oven pilot and the top pilots which are controed by the same Robertshaw control as the oven itself both work.The Thermostat is connected to that control also. At first I thought that the control unit was faulty , but the pilots work and it lets gas out to the oven, but the oven burner don't lightup. I changed the gas valve at the back of the oven thinking that was the problem but no luck. What could be the problem? HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to Just Answer.

The model number is XXXXX a sticker or plate in the door jam of the bottom broiler drawer if it is a manual clean oven.
If it is a self clean oven with a storage drawer down below the sticker with the model number is XXXXX in the door jam!

Your range is almost 30 years old.
You know the new ranges are much more cost effieient and will lower you utility bill!!!

Sears has this range for $359. This is the whole sale price that we dealers pay for this range and then we sell it for minimum $499. you do not have to fuss with your old range!
They are selling it at cost to get the christmas buyers in their stores.
White Kenmore 30 in. Freestanding Gas Range

• Sears item #02271212000
  • Mfr. model #7121
Reg Price: $499.99
Savings: $100.00
You Pay: $399.99

After mail-in rebate $359.99

Thanks for trusting us with your questions
Let me know how it goes!

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped.
This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.
You can still ask me questions after accepting!

Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican