Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool double electric oven is not working. I used the

My Whirlpool double electric oven is not working. I used the broiler this morning at 1030, at 1200 I noticed that the display was not working. I am not sure that I turned the broiler off. The oven will not do anything, I have checked the circuit breaker and it is fine. Help!!!!
you may have a bad thermal fuse in this. they will go if the oven overheats. maybe leaving the broiler on blew the thermal fuse . I need the model # XXXXX see,let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX 275
there should be more #s to this can you recheck, thanks Bryan, p.s. how old is this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The house was built three years ago and the oven was new. The full model # XXXXX XXXXX
thats better this is your thermal fuse . Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is part # XXXXX on this diagram, you need to remove the oven from the wall to replace this though, you will need help. heres the diagram .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is it something that my husband and a friend can do or should we call a repairman?
you could probably do it. there are only two screws holding it on once you get the oven out it should be right on the back of the oven or maybe even on the top of the oven ,if you have a volt meter you can test it before you order it. if its not the thermal fuse its either a power problem or you have a bad clock. but I think its the fuse. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help!!!
no problem, if you get someone to help get it out you can come back and I can tell you how to test it if you can get a meter, happy holidays and well wishes in the new year. thanks Bryan