Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My top loading washer, Model LSQ8243HQ0, stopped agitating

My top loading washer, Model LSQ8243HQ0, stopped agitating and spinning. It fills and drains. What can be the problem.
you havbe a broken drive coupling, thais is the drive coupling Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this goes between the motor and transmission nad takes place of the old belt. the reason it still nfills and drains is because the pump is on the other side of the motor connected directly to the motor. click here to bring up diagrams of this and where it goes, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=LSQ8243HQ0&productCategoryId=0153200&brandId=1198& amp;modelName=AUTOMATIC-WASHER&diagramPageId=00005&componentDescription=BRAKE/CLUTCH/GEARCASE/MOTOR/PUMP&documentId=P9020244&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list the part you need to change is part # XXXXX hope this helps thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can I go in from the bottom of the washer to get to the drive coupling or how do I get to it the easiest way.
you can but its easier to take the cabinet of and do it, heres instructions on how to remove the cabinet. click here http://www.repair-help.com/kb/index.php?article=177 let me know if this helps. thanks Bryan
yes thank you , and happy holidays. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I replaced the part per the first question...am I to be charged again?