Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

im tring to install lid switch(NNN) NNN-NNNN i cant figure out

i'm tring to install lid switch(NNN) NNN-NNNN i can't figure out how to get the top of the washing machine off? at least without taking the damn machine apart. there has to be an easy way to take just the top of the machine off. right? help please.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if you get me your model # XXXXX can help. the way you do this is there should be two screws in the front or back of the control towards the side . you need to take these out and pull the head forward a little while lifting it up and then tip it back and let it stay there.unplug the switch, then you will see to gold clips one on each side use a screw driver straight down and pry these toward the back of machine and these will come out the just tip the whole cabinet forward and you will be able to get at the switch, I'm including other instructions for cabinet removal in case I'm not clear enough, let me know how you do, link to cabinet removal, http://www.repair-help.com/kb/index.php?article=177 thanks Bryan