Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am getting flakes of something coming into the tub when I

I am getting flakes of something coming into the tub when I wash a load of clothes. We have scrubed the inside of the tub with a scrub brush and soap and water. We have repeatedly run hot water thru cycles and these flakes keep reappearing. They are dark colored flakes and I assume are a build up of scum. Short of calling a repair man and spending a fortune to what might be a simple problem, I'm wondering if you can give us an answer to this issue. Make my day please!!!!!!!!! Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
can you give us a little more info , make and model#. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Kenmore 80 series
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Kenmore 80 Series
well the best thing to do is take the inner tub out completely and clean the whole thing. more than likely your problem is scum on the outer tub which you can only get to by removing outer tub ring and balance ring and inner tub. the inner tub requires a special tool called a spanner wrench. if you can get one of these you can probably do this yourself. if you have a locale parts store you may be able to get wrench, let me know and I'll help you through repair. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I paid $9.00. I accept the answer, and now I'm DONE!!!!
if you need more info let me know I'm still here. thanks Bryan