Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have had our Neptune for ten or so years. Just recently

We have had our Neptune for ten or so years. Just recently when the machine is running and the dial reaches an "off" stage, the light indicating that the machine stays is on , stays on and the door never unlatches.
it sounds like you may have a bad wax motor in the door lock assembly, can you get me model # XXXXX I'll look this up for you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bryan, The manual says its an MAH3000.

this is your wax motor, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=it controls the door lock by turning slowly and disengaging the door lock. its either this or your main control board is burnt. click here to see main control board, these go all the time and you can tell by remove the screws on the control panel (top back) and looking at control board. if there is any burnt resistors on the board you have to replace that and the wax motor. let me know , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX'll check it out.