Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi! This is a great service idea! I have a Maytag Neptune,

Hi! This is a great service idea! I have a Maytag Neptune, MLE2000AYW, stacked washer & dryer. I have had it for about 9 years and no problems. I have a question regarding pet hair though. I just got two black cats and the fur is everywhere. Do I need to worry about "clogging" the machines or is there some kind of extra maintenance that needs to be done for dealing with the pet fur that seems to go into the machines on towels/blankets etc. and never seems to come out? Thanks very much! Dolores K.
most of pet hair goes in the dryer ,its a good idea to clean the pet hair out with a vacuum this hair can clog the dryer and ruin the motor among other things. as far as the washer goes you may get some hair buildup in the pump or hoses but most of the time it goes down the drain, the thing I would be concerned about the most is your ref. the fan underneath will pull the pet hair into the lower coils and clog it up making the ref. run hot. go to Lowes and ask them for a ref. coil brush and clean the coils regularly, about 1 a month to keep them nice and clean. hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Got your answer. Makes sense. Question though, what is a "ref."? Do you mean refrigerator? Does the washer have a fan at its base like the refrigerator? Or are you just giving me "extra" advice to take care of the refrigerator coils too? Thanks. dk
yes ,ref. means refrigerator, sorry, as far as the d/w goes you can remove the bottom panel every now and then and clean under there also. just shut the breaker off first. I was trying to let you know to keep refrigerator clean so as to avoid a major repair in the future, the compressor can overheat and cause you a real headache,hope this info is helpful, thanks Bryan