Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Miele OPtima Series dishwasher is flashing F70 beeping and

Miele OPtima Series dishwasher is flashing "F70" beeping and pump for water won't stop running even though dishwasher is empty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
F70 means that the dishwasher senses the motor running even though control board is not telling it too. Here would be the reasons for this 1) there is water in the base pan so it has flooded and is trying to remove any water remaining in the tub. 2) your control board relay is stuck.

If you want to to check for water in the base--- you need to uninstall the unit tip it on it's side and remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the base pan--- if you remove the pan and see water you need to determine where it's leaking from--- if not you need a new control board.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No water in the bottom any more - there was but it is gone. Can I do anything about the control board it is still running,thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no--- your not looking at the correct basepan. I'm talking about underneath the machine-- there may be water in the pan underneath the machine--- meaning you need to uninstall the unit and tip it upside down.

if it's the control board you can always unplug the machine for 1 min and see if that unconfuses the board by reseting it. If not only a replacement of the board will fix the problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok - unit is under the counter, how to unplug it/how to get it out from under the counter
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
well there are screws either going straight up through the little round holes--- or if you take the little plastic caps off the side trim there will be screws behind these caps. But if you don't want to work on it and just want to unplug the machine-- it might be located under your sink--- if not just turn the breaker off for 1 minute.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.