Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Good morning, Im in the process of restoring my Frigidaire

Good morning, I'm in the process of restoring my Frigidaire stove model # XXXXX It needs a few lights, some new knobs. But the biggest problem is it has a super fast burner, not sure what to call it, that keeps blowing the fuse to that burner. I'm thinking I neeed to replace the control swith ? Maybe check the ground or redo the wiring to that circuit. Any suggestions as to where I find the knobs ? I,m thinking the lights I can find @ by local Lowes. But the burner is my real issue. If I do rewire the circuit is there a special type of wire for stoves ? Can you tell the amps that burner draws ? Can I purchases a newer control swith for that buner ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.   Carl
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure if this will help, if you click here and see if these parts are like yours, let me know. thanks Bryan.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thanks Bryan. I guess I need to remove the switch to get a correct match. If I do need to do some wiring is there a special type of wire or is that some thing I can match up at Lowes or Home Depot ? Any suggestion for replacement knobs ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
boy to tell you the truth these may be hard to find. you can try calling this guy he's real good at finding hard to find parts. as far as wirring goes Lowes should have what you need. hope this helps, thanks Bryan