Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Husband put dishwashing soap in dishwasher. Help! Suds all

Husband put dishwashing soap in dishwasher. Help! Suds all over.
thats not good. first thing you need to is get as much of the soap out of the machine with a towel or whatever you can then you should get 4-5 bottle (large) of white vinegar and pour it in the bottom of machine to help break up the soap,run for a couple of minutes and drain, repeat this as many times as needed,all you can do until the soap suds goes down is keep filling machine and draining pouring vinegar in to break up soap. vinegar is good for breaking up the soap and wont hurt the machine, let me know how it goes, believe me this is not the first time I've this. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much! I wasn't able to get out and buy vinegar until tonite, but it worked great. Our poor dishwasher is a 32 year old portable that we built in when we moved here about 28 years ago, so I thought for sure it was a goner. So far, so good! I didn't realize you wouldn't get paid until I clicked on through, otherwise I would have done it this a.m. - sorry. Thanks again in Michigan.
your very welcome. happy holidays, thanks Bryan