Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I change the baking element on a Kenmore electric o

Customer Question

How do I change the baking element on a Kenmore electric oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the first thing you need to do is unplug or shut the breaker off to the oven. next take the two screws out of the element that hold it in the back inside the oven ,then carefully pull the element out of the back of oven so you dont pull the wires off. you dont want to pull the wires off because then you have to take the rear panel behind the oven off to get them back through the holes. then just put the two wires on the ne element and push it back in and replace the screws. if you give me model # XXXXX can look the element up for you.I have to run down the street but will be back shortly, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I pulled the element out there were no wires attached. Is it possible that the element on my range just plugs in and has no wires?

I have a Kenmore model 911.95589992.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no all elements have wires. you should pull the oven out and take the back off, your wires will be back there. you should see them easy once you get the back off. they may have fallen off when you pulled element out. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem , I had to run down to my moms, she's sick. thanks and if you need more help just ask, happy holidays , Bryan