Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How can I get my maytag to drain after a rinse cycle Ive

Customer Question

How can I get my maytag to drain after a rinse cycle? I've tried pulling the knob out and pushing it back in... Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the model #? does it do anything when it gets to drain cycle or just stop? if not you may have a bad lid switch. let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a Matag Commercial washer..where do I find the model #? It doesn't do matter what cycle I move it ...I've had the lid switch changed before..
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
click here to go to model # XXXXX this should tell you where to look .let me know thanks Bryan,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan, the #LAT9410AAE
and serial # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
okay do you remember if your switch looks like this? how long ago was your switch replaced? Part 916383
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Who remembers what it looked like. I had a repairman do it and it was replaced last year. Do I need to call someone to come and repair it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well my guess is the switch is bad again or the switch has popped out of its slot it snaps into. also the rod that hits the switch could be bad. if you dont know how to take this appart you may have to call someone to check it. the switch list for under $25.00 if you have someone replace it make sure they dont charge you to much.let me know if you want to try replacing yourself. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks least I'll be somewhat knowledgable....I couldn't even move the machine with all the water in it so I'm not going to attempt it. Have a happy holiday
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok.thanks and have a very merry christmas and well wishes in the new year.thanks agian Bryan