Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kenmore fridge is too warm but the freezer is working just

Customer Question

my kenmore fridge is too warm but the freezer is working just fine model number(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
let me check that model # XXXXX I believe you need the first three #s with this, like 110,106, or some three # XXXXX , yes you do need more #s in your model #,m also check for frost on the back panel inside freezer, check real good , if you need to remove food and check. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model # XXXXX 70192.001 and yes there appears to be a little bit of frost on the back panel
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
okay it sounds like you have a defrost problem, let me check your model . thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
okay what you need to do first is to remove the panel in the back of freezer and take a hair dryer and defrost all the frost and ice from the coils, let me know how much frost is on the coils when you get panel off, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

its going to take a little while we have to remove everything from the freezer. Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem just let me know. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
removed back panel, iced-up on upper left between wireing for icemaker and coil, and across bottom area which appears to be drain-tray,and protrudes into lower area of refrigerated area. the rest of the coils are ice-free
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok what I would do is take a hair dryer and defrost all the ice out of it then plug it back in and let it run for about an hour and then check the frost pattern again and tell me what it looks like then. all the coils should have a light frosting on them, you said the rest of the coils are frost free and that concerns me, you may have a freon leak and loosing freon. let me know what it looks like . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all the coils now have a light frosting on them. The fridge is now getting cold. The drain line was plugged up-frozen. Thanks for all of your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats great to hear. keep an eye on it and make sure its not getting to frosted on the back panel , if it does you have a defrost problem and that you can fix yourself. thanks Bryan