Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My gas neptune dryer is working except no heat.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can yoy give me model #? do you have a volt meter and know how to use it? let us know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Mod # XXXXX YES I HAVE A VOLT METER
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is comming up as a washer. can you make sure you check dryer and not washer. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there are some things I need you to test . take a look at this picture, and get back to me if you can get to these parts.thanks Bryan, Gas Dryer Guts
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Correct MOD# XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats better , can you get the front panel off? take the screws out of door hinges and the other ones on the other side and pull out at top of panel and the front should come out and then off the bottom clips. then you can hook door back on and close it for a few tests, first look and see if the igniter shown in picture comes on. Part 3018let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry I was at work yesterday I have the fron panel off and the igniter does not apear to be working.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok did you get the diagrams I sent you? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes removal of front panel and igniter picture
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok take the wires off the radiant sensor or otherwise known as flame sensor and check for contiuity. across the two spades on the sensor. if you have continuity its good . also unplug igniter and check for continuity on igniter. let me knoe Bryan. ( unplug dryer before attemting tests)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

radiant sensor has continuity

no continuity on igniter

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok take your meter and unplug igniter put the meter in the holes for igniter and start machine , be careful not to ground out and see if you get 120 volts. let me know, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you need this, I believe, Part 3018
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

Hi this is Bryan, this part is $31.00 plus shiping on the site i gave you but these guys have it for $24.95 plus shipping , http://drawerg.com/ try them if you want. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks I pick one up for $31.56 at a local store thanks for your help this is a great way to go I save at least $150.00 for $9.00 plus part.

Thank You

Tim Widener