Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a side by side refrigerator purchased at Sears in 2003.

Customer Question

I have a side by side refrigerator purchased at Sears in 2003. I believe its a Kenmore. My freezer is not working but the refrigerator side is. Did something get turned off or bumped when I cleaned it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you tell me if there is any frost at all on the back panel inside the freezer section? also when you cleaned it did you hit the fan in the back by the compressor and maybe stop it? check and make sure its running. let us know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The freezer has not been working for about a week or more, I just informed of this.

Kids!! Confused that the frig side is. I'm not at home(other side of state) but I'm assumming that there is no iced area in the freezer and I only cleaned the inside of both freezer and frig. Its been acouple months since I vacummed the underneath part.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to check for the fan running in back, this not running can cause the compressor to shut down prematurely and not stay running long enough for freezer to cool down enough.are you going home soon? let me know , we need to check different things. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I called and left a message with my kids to check for the fan running in back,

so untill they call me back I don't know. Is it bad for the frig to run with the freezer not working, should we just unplug it? It's hard trying to trouble shot when I'm not right there

and won't be till Christmas time. I was hoping for a easy fix!

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well until we can check a few things I dont know how easy it is to fix, can you ask them where the controls are set? let me know thanks Bryan, as far as unplugging it ,if the fans not running its not good for compressor but I just dont know yet whats going on. with this
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your time anyway Bryan, I think I just need to call and have somone take

a look at it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well I wish I could help more, I just dont know if we can do anything with your kids trying do look at it , you talking to me and then relaying messages to your kids. I'm sorry , well wishes and merry xmas when you get home, thanks Bryan