Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a KitcheAid double oven model #KGBS276XWHO. About a

I have a KitcheAid double oven model #KGBS276XWHO. About a month ago the oven part of the top oven stopped working. The pilot will light but the gas flow will not start. The broiler works and the broiler and oven on the bottom oven both work. Any ideas on what the problem might be?
most of the time its the igniterthis is the igniter. Part 776890these get weak and dont draw enough amps to open gas valve . replace this ,be careful these are exstremely fragile and break easy. you can get this at. http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=776890&PPStack=1 hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The igniter appears to be working just fine. It lights up the same as the one for the bottom oven. The bottom oven works but the top does not.

I't may light up or(glow) but its not opening your valve. it has to draw 3.3- 3.6 amps to open valve. glowing doesnt mean its working, we do hundreds of these and believe me thats your problem. its (very) rare its the valve .trust me. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help. I was skeptical at first since the igniter did seem to light up but the gas valve would not open. After receiving your answer I went home and removed the igniter from the bottom oven and installed in the top one. The oven turned on without any problems. I ordered the part you indicated, installed it and the oven has been working ever since.

Thanks

Robert