Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a May tag Stove/ oven insert, 8 year old, model, mgs5770adc.

Customer Question

I have a May tag Stove/ oven insert, 8 year old, model, mgs5770adc. the gas oven bake feature will not work. The broiler works but not bake feature. The electric igniter coil goes on for the bake feature of the gas will not come out of the burner. It seems to me that it's probably the electric gas control valve. Do you think that is correct?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
more than likely its the oven igniter, these get weak over time (use bake more than broil) and don't draw enough amp. to open the valve. we run into this quite often. we don't change to many safety valves, or electronic controls in these, if the igniter is getting power and getting orange but not opening valve its probably the igniter. this is your igniter. Part 3377you can get this for around $50.00 at this site, http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=3377&PPStack=1 hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

thanks for the help, i will give a try

let you know if it works thanks again.

bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your very welcome. if you have any other question on this please ask. thanks again , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Your recommendation worked ! Now do have a recommendation about how to improve my wife's cooking, now that she can bake ?? just kidding, she the one that got my fanny out the chair to fix this, so she could bake some christmas cookies.

thanks again,

bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Merry Christmas, and well wishes in the new year. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan,

merry christmas to you as well.

bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thanks, Bryan