Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We are in the Caribbean and have had a recent electric storm,

Customer Question

We are in the Caribbean and have had a recent electric storm, including power outages. When we plug in the microwave, we get the 'F3' error, then shortly a beep sounds. The local appliance repair people are at a loss, but did not, as far as I know, check the control board for faulty components. Could you advise on what do do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if this is a G.E. microwave this is what it says ,if its not G.E then if you can give me make and model# XXXXX'll check further for you , thanks Bryan
F3Shorted key panel (touch pad), will occur if a shorted key panel is detected continuously over 60 seconds Replace key panel (touch pad)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have checked the GE part website and they have no key panal listed for this microwave. They do list a control panel assembly, but I do not know if this is exactly what I need. It could be the transformer is blown or another compenent, and since I have to order from the US and ship to a small island, I do not want to order the wrong part and pay for the part plus shipping and duty. GE's documentation is not the best to help me resolve this problem. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you have the model # ? I'll check it out for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX WD01.
Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
they call this the membrane panel. its part # XXXXX it lists for around $60.00 ,hope this helps , thanks Bryan