Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Ehat is the best way to approach the reduced cooling of my

Customer Question

Ehat is the best way to approach the reduced cooling of my Jenn-aire refrigerator Model#JCD2389GES?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you tell me if there is any frost on the back panel of freezer section? look real good and move your food if nessesary, let me know , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan,

No frost

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok is the fan running in the freezer? also do you hear the fan runnig in the back near the compressor? you may need to pull ref. out to see. also check and make sure your coils under ref. are clean and clear of dust. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan,Therzer fan is running, coils are clean. I am not sure about the compressor fan. I will check when I get home later this afternoon and touch base with you. John
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan,The freezer fan is running, coils are clean. I am not sure about the compressor fan. I will check when I get home later this afternoon and touch base with you. John
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no problem just let me know , thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you most likely have a bad adaptive defrost board, this is the most common problem in this ref.the original boards from the factory , I get after market boards for these because if you use original board they fail also. this is the original board .Part 948430first thing you needs to do is remove the panel in tghe back of freezer and defrost coils with a hair dryer. when thats done put back together and let it start cooling again.go to http://www.apconline.com/ and call them . they have the after market boards that work correctly this is the original part #
12002104 and tell them you need the after market on that replaces this .her is a diagram of the ref. its part # XXXXX on this diagram
click here http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp. pd?modelNumber=JCD2389GES&productCategoryId=0165000&brandId=1266&modelName=SIDE-BY-SIDE-REFRIGERATOR&diagramPageId=00002&componentDescription=CONTROLS&documentId=M0603018&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list let me know when you get it , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

OK I have the treplacement adaptive defrost board. Please tell me where it is located on the refrigerator.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX XXX-XXX-XXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok on the diagram i sent you its part # XXXXX this is located in the refrigerator section. you need to remove the entire cover where you controls are. you will see two 1/4 " screws and two phillip head screws you need to remove these then in the very back you will find two slots for your finger put your fingers in the slots and pull forward and the assembly will come forward and down , then the defrost control wiil be in the back right corner, let me know how you do on this. thanks Bryan