Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool microwave and it turns on, the plate works

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool microwave and it turns on, the plate works lights and panel work but it does not create heat at all..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me model# XXXXX are allot of reasons this doesn't heat. it could be anything from a door switch to a magnetron, microwaves are very complex and dangerous machines to repair. the high voltage capacitor can store lethal amounts of voltage even when unplugged, please if you have no electrical experience do not attempt major repair,with that said please let me know if you would like to go further. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
these are the door safety switches Part 3459check these first . there located where the door closes. you may have to remove the control panel to get to them. do you have a volt meter and know how to use it? let me know, thanks Bryan