Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

A Dryer has a lever that turns the dryer off when the door

A Dryer has a lever that turns the dryer off when the door is opened. My dryer continues to run even when the door is opened. I have to turn the timer to shut it off. Why? What can I check?
you need to replace the door switch in this. can you get me make and model # ? I will check the part for you , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you! It is a KENMORE.

model / stock

96273100 62731
ok .more than likely this is your door switch. these stick in and the dryer will keep running when you open door . there not to hard to replace. take you lint trap out of the top of machine and remove the two screws from top. then pry top up and let it lean back. take the screws out of door switch and replace. you can order switch here. its around $16.00, heres the picture Part 3406hope this helps, thanks Bryan