Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a kenmore 80 series washer Model #110-24812200 Series

I have a kenmore 80 series washer Model #110-24812200 Series # XXXXX today it started not spinning, instead it is making a loud grinding noise. It will fill and agitate. just no spin. can you give me an idea of what it is. I need to figure out if I should call someone to fix it or just get a new washer. please advise thanks! candi
it sounds like the basket drive broke. the part is the part is about $110 and if you have to pay some to replace it the labor wold be 100-200 dollars
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'll guess its a toss up between getting a different used washer or repairs.. are there any other issues wiht this series and model that we might expect if we just repaired this one?

Thanks for your help

this is the most basic washer and the easiest one to work on they still make this model and it doesnt have a whole lot of problems
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thanks so much. You have been most helpful. Interesting service. Never knew it existed.

have a great evening...

your welcome