Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag front loading washer. We have had it for several

Customer Question

I have a maytag front loading washer. We have had it for several years and now the clothes dont seem to be getting clean. they smell dirty and/or moldy. there are no obvious problems with it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
all of these front loaders have problems with mold. are you getting the right amount of water in it? is it draining properly? you may need to change the tub boot or at least clean it real good.also the drain boot thats on the bottom of tub gets moldy and may need to be removed and cleaned. these jobs are not easy for the average person to do. can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, hold on let me go downstairs
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is a NEPTUNE model no. MLE2000AYW
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Washer Cleaner

I ordered some of this cleaner from maytag. they are sending it. i tried running it with bleach, but that did not really help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is your front boot seal. this is probably where your mold is . its between the front door and the tub. get some bleach and clean this real good. and run machine with no clothes in it try this a few times and see if it makes a diffirence, let me know Bryan. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks will do.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome , thanks Bryan