Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. in the repair feild

I have a whirlpool gold side by side refrigerator (model GD5RHAXNQ00).

I have a whirlpool gold side by side refrigerator (model GD5RHAXNQ00). The ice maker has suddenly stopped making ice, although the water flows fine through the dispenser in the door.
Hi, some times where the water comes in to the ice maker it can frezze up check the water inlet
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've checked the black tube that comes out of the top of the refrigerator and feeds the ice maker. It appears to be free of water/ice and open. I've just changed the filter (bottom front grille of refrigerator), and water is dispensing just fine from the in-door dispenser.

there is a fuse in the wire harness if you pull that off you can check it if you have power to the ice maker you can make it cycle if it cycles then you will need to check the water valve

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have felt all along the wiring bundle. Do you have to remove the icemaker from the refrigerator in order to access the fuse? I don't see a fuse anywhere.
do you have a multi meter to check for voltage, if you do you can take the front cover off, you will see some small holes with letters next to them im going to try and scan some test cycles and send them to you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a multimeter