Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Magtag washer, Model# XXXXX (serial# XXXXX),

I have a Magtag washer, Model# XXXXX (serial# XXXXX), that does not spin-out the water enough out of the clothes, also some of the control settings lights do not light up. We just moved from a house that did not have enough electrical power in the main breaker box, and therefore this washer would throw out breaker al the time. I think this is what damage the control panel on this waher. Should i replace the control circuit board? Ray, email:[email protected]
sounds like thats a possibility, these boards are weak and go easy, the other thing could be the motor control board or motor itself. running these machines underpowered is real bad on the the door locking.? these are expensive parts to replace and you may want to call a repair man and make sure of the problem before replacing parts. I'ts probably worth it in the long run. hope this gives you some insight . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan, thank you for the speedy response......Yes, the door is locking correctly. I wanted to replace the main control board, but you are saying that it could be motor cd or motor itself? right? Ray
yes sir. these are very difficult to diagnose and to just start replacing parts is not something you want to start doing unless you know for sure whats bad, I just don't want you to waste money not knowing for sure. I never did like these machines , they have been trouble from the onset.this is why Maytag is no longer in business. whirlpool now owns Maytag . hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan, what is the estimated cost of fixing this washer, so i can make a cost effective decision to repair or repair? Thanks, again, Ray
well that depends on how much they charge for there service, and also each of the three different boards in these machines run over $200.00 thats why you dont want to make an error.your probably looking over$ 300.00-$ 350.00 if it turns out to be one of the boards. it really comes down to the service company.hope this helps you , thanks Bryan