Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Frigidaire Refridgerator that for some reason over

Customer Question

We have a Frigidaire Refridgerator that for some reason over the weekend just stopped working. The light and the fan come on, but it is not cold
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from the back near the compressor? pull the ref. out and listen good, let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no, nothing
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you get me model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
GLRT218WDW6
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok this may be stuck in defrost. this is the defrost timer and you see the center of the picture the is a place to put a screw driver , turn this clockwise a bit and see if it comes on Part 12762the timer should be either inside the ref. looking from down low under the controls or somewhere in the front down near the kickplate under doors. let me know if you find it, thanks Brayn
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can't find where that part is located, that is the entire problem. LOL. It is not behind the kickplate, any other places to look? It must be covered by something
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well sometimes there in the back but most of the time there inside ref. section, where are you cold controls located? I cant bring up diagram for this. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is so not there, I just took the entire plastic cover off of the roof of the fridge. Even in the owners manual it says it is there, but it is not, if you have a picture, i would love to see it
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Part 12762
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That was it. Thanks so much!!! Tongue out
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your welcome, is the ref. running now? if it is you may want to change the timer because it could happen again in about 8 hours. it goes into defrost about every eight hours keep an eye on it . there cheap to replace and just plug in. heres where you can get it if you dont have a place handy. http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=12762&PPStack=1 thank you for the bonus and happy holidays, Bryan