Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a maytag washer, model lat8426aae, and it is overfilling.

i have a maytag washer, model lat8426aae, and it is overfilling. when i select the smallest wash volume, the washer still overfills. what are the possible problems to check? thanks!
when you push the timer button to off does the water keep comming in? do you have to shut the water off to get it to stop?. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
when i push the timer button in, the flow stops completely
ok its probably not the fill valve. sounds like you have a bad water level control in this. does this overflow or just go to the same level and stop all the time? if it does you probably have a bad water level control. this should be your water level control Part 454530its located in the control panel at the top of machine, make sure the hose on this is not off. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the first time i tried a different fill setting, it stopped at the top level, the second time i tried a lower fill setting it overflowed.

the hose is attached, but the picture you gave me is different than what i looked at last night.

is the diagnosis the same?

I will need to look inside the contol panel again tonight. this is the valve located in the top right (if looking from behind the machine)?
it sure seems like it. there are diffirent water level controls on these see if you can get a number off yours and then replace it , this should take care of it. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i will look tonight for a part number, and then give you the part number to confirm it is the correct part to replace. thanks, mark
no problem Mark, just let me know , thanks Bryan