Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I get my lower burner to come on after self-cleaning

How do I get my lower burner to come on after self-cleaning the oven. The broiler will light, but not the bake element. Both are electronic ignition. I had this problem once before and when the repairman came, he simply pulled off the oven floor and did something that took about 5 seconds. If it is so easy, I don't want to spend money on the repairman again. This is a Kenmore oven model #790.75728991. I believe it is made by Frigidaire.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you most likely have a bad oven igniter. either that or you have a loose wire since you said a repair man fixed it in 5 secounds but my guess is igniter, this is the igniter Part 12872not hard to replace . two screws is all after you take bottom out of oven like the repair man did. , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The previous repairman did not replace anything. I seem to recall that he simply opened, lit, pressed, or adjusted something. He did not remove anything except the oven floor. However we can try this part to see if this is a different problem. Thanks for the advise.Customer
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well this is more than likely the problem, these go and need to be replaced, short of a looses wire this is it unless your control is bad which I doubt. hope this helps. Bryan