GregoryA
GregoryA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years experience, factory authorized and trained technician top-rated, excellent communicator
13944707

The light on the temperature panel is out on my jenn aire oven.

Customer Question

The light on the temperature panel is out on my jenn aire oven. How do I replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  GregoryA replied 8 years ago.
That's a common problem, assuming it is the one I think it is. Get me the complete model number, I'll get you the part number. It's an easy job to replace that display board. I am assuming everything seems to work, you just have no digital display, correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Correct- no display but the oven works fine. the model number for the Jenn-Aire double oven is JJW8630AAW
Expert:  GregoryA replied 8 years ago.
The display is part number 71003401. It retails for $185.22 from J/A but you may get it cheaper. It takes me about 8 minutes to chage it. You remove the 4 screws from the underside of the glass panel, above the oven door area- Now lift the whole control panel up and then forward. There ate a couple of connectors that you can't hook up wrong because they only fir one way. Unconnect, take the 4 scres out that hold the display in, replace with the new one. Reassemble. Done.