John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hi there - I have a Maytag QuietSeries 300 dishwasher thats

Customer Question

Hi there - I have a Maytag QuietSeries 300 dishwasher that's only 18 months old. The other day, it started making a grinding noise during the wash and rinse cycles. I pulled the lower panel out and it appears to be coming from the drive motor. Some of the dishes also have a lot of residue on them when it's done washing. Is this a common problem and what might be the fix, or where should I start looking?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

please send the model # XXXXX I can look at the D/W
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

About a week ago, my dishwasher started making a loud grinding noise during the wash and rinse cycles. It hasn't gone away and is really getting louder.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hitheres probably some food or a piece of glass caught in the impeller. Here is a breakdown of the D/W to help you with the repair. remove the parts as listed in the breakdown, And clean out the debris. Hope I helped you Please accept The appliance doc
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the breakdown? I didn't see a link or anything.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Sorry I thought I sent It to you. Hope this helps you. PLease accept the appliance doc.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had already found that link. Does stuff disassemble for inside the tub or the bottom?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi It comes apart from Inside the tub.Hope this helps you Please accept.A positive feed back,Is Important to me, And a small bonus Is appreciated. THe appliance doc