GregoryA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years experience, factory authorized and trained technician top-rated, excellent communicator

Our top dish drawers digital screen is just going on by itself

Our top dish drawer's digital screen is just going on by itself and running through numbers and speeds extremely fast. Something is out of whack. And thereis also water left in the bottom from the last load
Category: Appliance
Expert:  GregoryA replied 7 years ago.
First thing to do is unplug the machine. Under the sink there should be a tan plug for your dishdrawer. Leave it unplugged for a bit, then plug it back in. If it continues to act up, the machine's control needs to be replaced. It is not a problem with the LED display, it is in the controller.
If you tell me the model number (I'm guessing it's a DD603) I can give you the part number for that control. It is an easy part to replace.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it is DD603. I found the tan plug. It has been out for 5 minutes. How long should I wait to plug it back in?
Expert:  GregoryA replied 7 years ago.
That should be plenty, plug it back in and see what happens now...

Standing by...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I plugged it back in. Both screens came on and had the 56 min wash setting that we normally use. Then the screens went off. I decided to try to runa 12 min rinse cycle to seeif it work and to get the water out of the bottom. So far so good. Will I know fairly soon if I need the controller part?
Expert:  GregoryA replied 7 years ago.
You might just be ok... :)
Usually if the control is bad, it will just start doing that erratic cycling as soon as you plug it back in.
The control part number is XXXXX If you decide to have it serviced, tell them not to show up without that part, it will be a wasted trip otherwise!

If I have helped you here to your satisfaction, please leave me good feedback!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The cycle finished and the screen still looks normal. The water is gone at the bottom too. I'll wait and see what happens but looks good so far. Thank you so much for your expertise!