John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

i have a frigidaire upright freezer that the door was left

Customer Question

i have a frigidaire upright freezer that the door was left ajar for like 9 hrs. wokeup to it buzzing. unplugged it to try and reset it. didnt work. model # LFFH2067DW2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

please send the make & model #
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the door on the freezer was left open about a 1/2 inch over night. woke up to an annoying buzzer going off.

frigidaire upright

model# XXXXX

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi the freezer coils behind the wall are probably frosted up, with the door being left open all that time. THe buzzer will only stop once all the frost has thawed . So the freezer has to be turned off and alloweed to thaw, and then wiped out , And stat again. This should resolve the problem. Hope I answered your question. Please accept. The appliance doc
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Here is a breakdown of the freezer.I hope you get the problem resolved. I am here to help. THe appliance doc