Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a new style ge washer--no transmission& dc motor w/inverter

Customer Question

I have a new style ge washer--no transmission& dc motor w/inverter on it---all it does is lets water in & pumps out---Put new! motor on -new timer-new line filter-still no change-checked allwiring visually-seems ok
Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 6 years ago.
i would say the lid switch is not working and need to be replaced
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm a small town repair man---this washer is new to me--iwant to learn the ins & outs of this washer--i jump the lid switch--no difference
what is the model?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it not a front loader--model #wbsr3140g0ww--top loading machine
check continuity on the lid switch it uses a magnet the lid switch is what stops the motor check for power at the lid switch
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
in previous reply i said i jumped lid switch--also i replaced timer(new)--i dont have schmatics to trace wiring--i looked at all connections, no problems that i could find--like i said i been repairing appliances for 10 years--just did not about this model, w/ the dc motor--thiought i'd ask a expert
i under stand that but your going to need to find the tech sheet or order one cause i cant find it on the net all i can say is you need power going in and coming out of the lid switch that lid switch can be quit finicky some times you said you had replaced the motor and the timer only one other thing that in between
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found this web site thinking it coiuld answer my problenm-I work on appliances for 10 years now-- self taught---in your answers it sounds like i know as much as you or more--when i told you i jumped or bypassed the lid switch--that elimanates that problem--then you tell me istill have to get wiring diagram--this web site is more for house wives & weekend warriors-----then also idont like sites that trap you--you have 15 points to accep answer but no wher i found to not accept and end session
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Hi my name is Chas, I am going to cut in, can you tell me how many times the green light on the inverter board is blinking?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
now it sounds like someone know this machine---it not blinking! this is second machine likethis i work on---- the last machine the schmatics noted to replace motor on several possibility, and i replaced motor and took care of problem---i,m working on this machine just to get to know in and out of it--this machine i replaced motor & timer & line filter, so it must be something tecnical--abad connect, ect----i thought someone would know a common problem with this model---Gordon
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Are you sure that you are seeing where it green idiot light is as I call it, I have to stand on my head to see it seems like. The only way this machine if you replaced the motor and still do not have the light is going to be the RPS sensor on the transmission is not sending any signals, so please look again and see.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes chas---i layed down on the floor--no light--the rps sensor , can it be jumped--just so you know, the other machine had no light blinking-and a motor took care of problem---gordon
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

You said you replaced the motor on this unit did you not? and no the RPS sensor cannot be jumped and to be honest I don't know why? I have tried to jump it and it won't work.

I have only every had 2 bad RPS sensors ever and a pain in the butt to fix because you have to replace the so called Transmission to do it. 99% no idiot light is a bad motor.

Chas

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes motor was replaced, new out of box---think motor could be bad out of box--like i said this machine doesnt have schematic, so i not sure wher power,ect is---like i said i'm self taught--but i got 100% feed back from my customers over the years, that why i wanted to fizx this machine, so i know on the next one--i recon i just have to wait and get schmatic from another mach--and check wiring and coinnections-- yes chas i accept your answer(i'll hit accep-t button at end of email) i know you trying to make a living, dont want to take up much of your time--just wondering where yall located, a lot of home applm in ft myers--?? have a son in ft myers---i'm in n. central louisiana thanks gordon
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

When these motors are shipped they go through HELL, I have had other brands bad out of the box, I would try a new motor also, another fact if you jump the lid switch it will only work one time until the circuit is broken to so it to know that the lid had been opened from the last cycle.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
You paid the wrong tech for the advice?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry --- can yall get it straight -- i just hit the accept button
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

I don't think so, Live and learn, hope it fixes it for you.

Chas

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
reach over and slap him--tell him he owe you---all that was for you (chas)
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
We may not even be in the same country as the tech you dealt with, we are all sub contracted from our homes for this job.
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry chas--is there a # XXXXX call to get this straight--the other guy dont deserve any thing --i hit the accept button on your last email area & sent 15 $ to you this time---
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX cash I hope they didn't charge you twice by hitting the ACCEPT button.