Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Side by Side. Everything was fine last

I have a GE Profile Side by Side. Everything was fine last night. This morning none of the temps were lit up. It is 87 degrees inside the fridge. What's wrong?
can you get me model # ? thanks Bryan. you most likely need main control board.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The Model is PSS27NGNABB

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I unplugged it. Left it off for a bit. The current temp in the refrigerator is now reading EC. Part of it is burned out so can't see the entire E though.
this is your control board and 95% of the time this is the problem. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=we replace these all the time for that reason , you can go to to order part, EC refers to control board (electronic control) its located in the back of ref. if you pull ref. away from wall you will find a cover and its behind that , hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this something that I can do myself?
sure it comes with instructions and it just plugs in anyway. they had design flaws with original boards, they since fixed that. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I didn;t mention but may be important. The refrigerator is at 87 degrees but the freezer is still frozen. Still think it is the Main Control Board?
do you see any frost on the back panel inside the freezer? the board runs everything and its probably causing ref. to warm up because its not opening the damper to let cold air in.
let me know about frost. look real good behind the food and see itheres frost buildup on panel. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I had unplugged it because it seemed so hot. In the freezer it appeared that it had thawed some and then refroze. The only place I see frost is on the bottom of the ice maker part.

I believe you need to replace the board on this. the reason is because of the EC your getting on the control. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no problem, let me know, thanks Bryan