Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair
11862455

My Jenn Air dishwasher door will not shut. The lock mechanism

Customer Question

My Jenn Air dishwasher door will not shut. The lock mechanism appears to be locked even though the door is open. We tried running it through a full cycle with the door taped shut and it did not fix it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX the lock on your dishwasher mechanical or is it electrical. To get to the mechanism you will have to undo the screws that hold the top of the dishwasher to the underside of the cabinet. Then you may need to raise the levelers under the base panel to give clearance to slide the machine forward far enough to see the latch mechanism. If that part is ok then you may have to remove the door panel to gain access to the door side of the latch mechanism. You should be able to repair the problem with this information. Thank you for using Just Answer. Bob