I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

My convection oven fan is not working. It buzzes and turns

My convection oven fan is not working. It buzzes and turns very slowly. Will this problem be fixed with a replacement fan. How is the fan removed? Model is jdr8895aaw.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I had already found the part and the schematic before I asked. What I really need to know is can I replace the assembly by working from the front only. It is difficult to move the range. Also, there is a set screw holding the fan blade in place. Does that need to be removed in order to remove the assembly?

Also, your link did not provide a schematic. Sears said no parts available.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I got the link to work. The schematic seems to indicate that I can remove the fan from within the oven without having to work from the back. But I want to be sure before I spend $100 ordering it and tryin gto put it in.

Would like to accept, but the help I need is really with the question about working from the back.
Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.

I believe this is so.
Do what I do if I!
Take it out first and see that it works for you.
Then drive to sears with the part in your hand. then you will be sure and know that you only need to replace what you just removed.
DO NOT FORGET TO TURN THE POERT OFF FIRST

This is sears

Fan, convect assy. (series 10)
Number:
74011169

This sears and # XXXXX Fan convect assy is available

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getS ubComp.pd?modelNumber=JDR8895AAW&productCategoryId=0122007&brandId=1266&modelName=JENN-AIR-COOKING&diagramPageId=00002&componentDescription=OVEN&documentId=M0612290&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Compone
$107.09 In stock
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.
I believe the fron t is it. I never did it from the rear! !!!!!!!!!