I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

I have a GE spectra electric range. Both, the burners and the

I have a GE spectra electric range. Both, the burners and the oven do not work even though there is power to the appliance. It showed no signs of slowing down or having issues before. What can cause this and is it repairable?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.
Please send me the complete model number as written on the sticker in the door jam of the storage door below!
Waiting your response. Ican
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ge Spectra electric range, model # XXXXX BP78BOB2BB

Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately this is not a do it your selfer!

Range does not heat (lights and timer do not operate).

This would indicate the range is not receiving the required 220 volts. Check house hold breakers or fuses, open wiring between the terminal block and the components, and the power cord.

It sounds like you need an electrician if the range and oven,clock and timer, and lights all are not working.

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped.
This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.
You can still ask me questions after accepting!
Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Burners and oven not working but clock and all lights are working just fine. It is not a cicuit breaker or a electrical problem. Any Ideas what can cause this to happen. There has not been any power surges or outages that could cause a sudden electrical issues.
Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.
Uh oh , Not good!
This sounds like a faulty or fried control board!

Oven does not clean. (bake and broil cycles operate properly)
Check to ensure the controls are set properly. If the controls are properly set and the oven will not clean, you will need to check the clock/timer. There is normally a Fault code that will appear when the electronic range control (ERC) is defective. Also check the oven selector, door latch mechanism, and smoke eliminator for proper operation.

Faulty Control Board
Ovens that utilize a sensor require some electronics to interpret the sensor data and to take appropriate action to raise or lower the temperature in the oven. There are several configurations of this electronics. There are some electronic range controls (sometimes called ERC's or clocks) that have the logic and relay boards combined into a single unit. Others have a logic board that is separate from the relay board.

If your oven will not keep a consistent temperature and you have verified that the sensor is not faulty, then one of these control boards could be faulty. The easiest way to tell is if the electronic range control is throwing a Fault Code.

If it is not throwing a Fault Code, then you may be able to test the board(s) with the aid of a diagnostic sheet. This sheet is often located in an envelope that is located inside the cavity of the control panel. These diagnostic sheets are very model specific and usually provide voltage and resistance meeting that can be taken across test points on the boards.

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There has to be one part in the range that had to go bad that controls power to the 4 stove top burners and the oven.
Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.

Yes that's right .
And unfortunately thats the
the control board or brain as they used to call it
Below is the site with the schematics and parts.
It shure looks like a "T08 CONTROL"
16 WB50T10043 T08 CONTROL In-Stock $ 91.43

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php

Same thing at this site, Sears parts and Diagrams

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=JBP78BB2BB&productCategoryId=0124111& amp;brandId=0432&modelName=ELECTRIC-RANGE&diagramPageId=00001&componentDescription=CONTROL%20PANEL&documentId=G0010025&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican