I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Hi - I have a Kenmore dryer Model 96260100 - an oldie but working

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Kenmore dryer Model 96260100 - an oldie but working fine. However, a small item rolled into the lint trap when I was cleaning it out. How can I get it out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to Just Answer.
My name is Ican & I am happy to assist you.

You will have to take the dryer apart to get in to it.
Are you aware that this old dryer does not have a schematic or diagram available any more for me to send you! Even at the Kenmore site.
And a little info, dryers more than 10 years old use 20 - 30% more energy than the new ones. The longer we use our dryer past 10 -12 years the more our utility goes up.
I trashed my 15 year old
electric dryer for a gas efficient one and my utility bill which is in equal payments around the year went down 20 per month.
Part due to gas being 30% cheaper to run than electric too!

Let me know how it goes!

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped.
This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.
You can still ask me questions after accepting!
Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't quite understand the payment system - I signed up for the $9 answer - is that the "Deposit" when I open the Accept Answer window?

Yeah, a new dryer would be great, but it's just me, so little laundry, and I'm between jobs.

Expert:  I.can replied 6 years ago.

yes when you accept then I do get paid for my services out of that payment

WOW, Lookat this that I just found!!
Kenmore 400 5.9 cu. ft. Capacity Electric...
Reg Price: $319.99
Savings: $48.00
You Pay: $271.99
PLUS 15 % off on MONDAY DEC 1st

Do you think your repair will be less than $130. which is half the price of this dryer?

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican