Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

I have a Whirlpool Duet HT washer (model # XXXXX) which

I have a Whirlpool Duet HT washer (model # XXXXX) which I filled with a load of laundry. When I went to unload it, there was an error flashing and I tried to open the door and it was latched. I finally got it open after hitting 'cancel' a few times and then when I opened it, the tub was out of whack and the rubber gasket was twisted around a sweatshirt. There was also a very thin round ring that fell to the floor. I've searched and found that the ring is a bellow front clamp. I'm not sure if the gasket is properly installed now and have no idea where that clamp goes. Do I need to get this professionally repaired?

Hi barb thats the ring for the front boot and it is a bit of a pain to put that back on sometimes there is two of them one in the back one in front,obviously something got snagged on the boot and pulled it off,it does need to be put on properly or else it will leak,i would recommend a service tech,plus he can check the boot out and see if there is anything obvious that caused it to come off other than the sweater..good luck

thanks Randy