master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company

front load lg machine against my wishes wife washed bath rug

Customer Question

front load lg machine against my wishes wife washed bath rug that a black lab laid on thought vacuum of rug and shaking would be ok since cant wash like a drain plugged up or something the cycle will not go through and all the water comes out onto the floor cannot do laundry actually thisis wife asking husband does not know yet and I need to fix this while he is sleeping before i go to work hopefullys
Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 5 years ago.
there should be a little access panel on the front bottom left pop it open you will see a black tube you can use that to drain out water in to a bucket but if it got bath mat backing i would just get some towels and unscrew the filter and clean up the water that black hose is most likely plugged up too good luck dont let here wash comforters either that is one way to tare up the machine
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pulled the open type tube out and water gallon went every where and that did not fix the problem it was at the lower left front where else would i be able to go
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>it was not a hose it was an open type tube</p><p>there is no hose and it is plugged up where do i begin to unclog it is there something beyond the rube where the access opening is and i pull out that tube that catches coins and such that does not solve the problem</p>
did you clean out the pump and the hoses? you need to be in there that is the filter for the drain pump if this dont work then you will have to open the washer up the clean out the pump better and it is not to fun to get inside
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>there is the open type thing and water gushes out when it is pulled do not see a tube to pull out it just goes all over only the drain plug that catches stuff do i get to pump and to try is it behind this tube type thing</p><p> </p><p>second step would bge to open up washer how</p><p>cannot locate the book</p><p>is there a hose behind this tube type thing</p><p> </p>
if the tube is not there it not there you going to have a mess you have to get the coin filter out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the hose how or what do i clean it with seems like it is short and do i put clothes hanger type and next step after this hose is to left of trap put something in and went in as far as i can with wire got a sand like substance absolutely no hair what next hose is there to the left of trap
try to get it to spin see if the pump is pumping? if not the drain pump impeller is stuck and you will have to get it unstuck then i can get you a way into the unit to remove hoses if you want to get in to it that far
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tube is there but nothing comes out of it cleaned it out but water gushes out where the drain is how does that area get cleaned seems to be source of problem nothing comes out of hose water comes out of trap area

how can i get it to spin only
seems like rinse and spin is only option no spin only way
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
seemed like it would go to the spin and then would not before the water came out initially
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where or how do i unstick the drain pump impleller
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
confused i am clarifying question not asking new ones Sorry but do not know how to unstick propeller nor how to bypass rinse cycle and go to spin only not an option i can see rinse will bring on more water
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the hose and drain were cleaned but water does not come out of hose rushes out through trap drain that coins or such would go in is there a spot in that area that can be cleaned or not

how can i spin only
how can i unstick i will get into it as economy lends such that to have repqair person is not the option unless and hopefully we can bypass rinse and attempt spin
press the power button then press spin speed this should put the unit into spin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hit power and spin it went to 13 second and is spinning
what is next step
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is spinning what is next step
do i attempt rinse and spin or what

how to clean or get into machine is next step what is order thanks a million
if it is spinning can you heare the drain pump come on? it is the loud sound
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it spins then a whur type sound then slows then whurs again not sure if this is the type sound but a higher sound during cycle
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
periodically hear sound of airplane type noise
put the screen in and run a rinse and spin or fast wash
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
assume screen you meant trap type aqrticle next to hose
had to stop gushed out of open drain type place flooded
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i think so not certain appears to be a louder like airplane r u there i have to get to bed so i will check back in the morning and please be assured i always pay so do not be concerned please leaved answers if you can Not certain if possible but it seemed like more water on floor after spin first time article dry inside second time on spin put another article
put the coin trap in no luck floods out the trap area
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing helped i had cleaned the trap and it had very little in it and the hose to the left but did not know how to spin only however that did not correct problem please tell me what next step will be

exhausted as i know you are and will check e mail now and again in the am how to fix drian and where to go next
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i do nt leave neg feedback hopie you can help am going to retire for evening
how can it get water to wash clothes instead of come out drain trap area to rt of hose when turned on instead of into tub area to do wash it gushes out at front trap door area and not in hose area but open trap area
well put the trap back in you fixed the washer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
must have me confused with another
problem water gushing out front trap area and cannot wash what todo
same problem exists
i had cleqaned trap area
you told me how to get to spin power and spin and that i did but problem is the same and unchanged so i have repaired nothing and sorry if you felt i had got to go to bed will check tomorrw how to get to hoses or check for clogs
how to check for clogs
where to go to how to get water in the tub area instead of trap area and floor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
have to go retire now still have problem
will check tomorrow and pay tomorrow sometime
no neg feedback but exacty problem exists
how to check or clogs and where
how to access areas and checv k or unstil pump propeller
i would call for service at this point but here is how you can get in and if you fill the tub with water can you put it yo the spin cycle and will it drain that way? is the water stopping when it fills?

you want to take the front off to get access well first you have to take off the top then you have to take off the control panel then take off the door boot just the out side one the ll be a few screws at the top under the control panel and a few screws under the front of the washer that should get the front off and give you a little more room working in the pump. from there you will want to take off the hoses that attach to the pump and check for any thing in there and that the impeller moves.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you have a diagram to send for accessing nothing except this was new and pwr and spin will not be backto this until 8 pm mond dec 2
no LG has not published any of there info so your kinda on your own
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i must not be explaining correctly
no the tub does not fill up with water it comes out access area not in tub i did pwr andspin but water is not in tub and will not go into tub
Ok so its not filling it is draining?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i will pay but you did absolutely nothing and neg feedbback i do not leave used site 3 other times and it was great but not in this case
were not done yet where is the water coming out at ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the same place it always has lower left front where trap screen and hose is located lower left   hose not plugged trap back in water still comes out    same place as told from initiation of help request

where i told you to clean the filter trap? and i need you to make more sense what hose is not plugged into what trap you have to remember i am not there in the first question you made it sound like it is not draining