Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Whirlpool Imperial Series Fridge icemaker will not get water

Customer Question

My Whirlpool Imperial Series Fridge icemaker will not get water to it, but the water in the front comes out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using There are a couple of things to check. Start by looking at the water inlet tube in the freezer that fills the icemaker. Is it frozen shut with ice? Also, may I please have the model number?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX The tube is not frozen, we had the icemaker shut off for awhile and when we turned it back on, it didn't work.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 years ago.
If you look at the "fingers" that run down the center of the icemaker mold, are they pointing up slightly to the right or down?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They are pointing up right now, but it seems like it runs through the cycle completely, it just never fills up with water.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 years ago.

Okay, it is likely a faulty water inlet valve that is causing your trouble. It is number 10 in the attached picture, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN It is accessed from the rear of the machine, behind the cardboard cover. If you have water at the door, there is water to the valve. If the icemaker appears to be harvesting, thecontrol module is likely good. You state that the tube is not frozen, so that leaves only the valve, which has a fairly high rate of failure.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I ordered the part and will let you know if it works when I get it. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Finally received the part and installed it, it now works perfect. Thanks for your help.