master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company

My Hotpoint side by side refrigerator (HSM25GFRFSA)has freeked.

My Hotpoint side by side refrigerator (HSM25GFRFSA)has freeked. I noticed yesterday when I pushed a button on the dispenser panel nothing happened right away and the lights dimmed. Today I tried to dispense ice and the control panel started making a clicking sound and the evap fan and compressor are not running. The fan moves in sync with the clicking.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 7 years ago.
i have seen this before the control board on the back need to be changed also check the wires at the door hing to see if they are broken unplug the unit until this is fixed or you will be buying a new compressor good luck let me know if there are any more problems